How to make it in the garment industry
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Fashion Industry 101: is geared towards helping the new fashion designer, production person as well as retailer who wants to start their own private label line. Fashion Industry 101: is a practical, insightful, crash course on how business is really done.
- What is the first step?
- How to find a factory.
- What are the buyers looking for in a line?
- How to get financing.
- What are the market selling periods & seasons?
- Cash flow
Merchandising & Design
- How to get samples made.
- Where to buy fabric and trim.
- Putting together a line.
- Building a brand (marketing).
- Target marketing your line.
Selling the Line
- Should you have a Web presence?
- Where should I have my Showroom?
- How to find the right Representatives.
- Trade Shows
- What are the buyers looking for?
- How to sell to a major department store.
- Taking the order.
- International Sales
- How to check credit & establish terms.
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Company Policies
- Inventory Control
- Off price selling
- Computer Technology